Unwittingly perhaps you spend a lot of time in an air-conditioned room as in the office, car, shopping center, or perhaps in the bedroom. While it might feel comfortable, in fact too often in air-conditioned room no adverse effects.
Exposure to cold from the air conditioning in the long term can lead to damage to the skin and hair. This happens because the air conditioner absorbs moisture in the room.
"The air conditioning also draw moisture away from the skin, causing dry skin. If not protected with a moisturizer, it will easily damage the skin. Persistent drought can affect the deepest layer of the skin, "said a specialist in skin and beauty, Dr. Rajan TD, as quoted by the Times of India.
Long-term effects of air conditioning, if we do not maintain healthy skin:
- When the skin is affected by drought, will easily appear itchy. Air conditioning also aggravate skin disorder that affects a person.
- Loss of water and lack of water in lieu of skin tissue can cause skin peeling, dry and cracked.
- Water is essential for maintaining blood flow. Water is also useful to maintain skin elasticity. When the room humidity is lost, the skin may wither. The skin becomes withered, and the premature aging effects occur.
- They often do outdoor activities and then go into an air-conditioned room, unprotected skin can trigger skin damage is quite serious because the extreme temperature changes.
- The effect will be worse if coupled with high exposure to pollution, extreme weather changes, poor diet and other unhealthy lifestyle.
Well, to maintain the health and beauty of your skin, try the following tips.
- Because it may be difficult to turn off the air conditioning in the office, try not to use the air conditioner when at home. Minimize use of air conditioning.
- Limit the use of soap for dry skin areas prone. Dr. Kshama Vibhakar, consultant dermatologist advises, "Use lotion to moisturize the skin, instead of cream. Apply on the neck, face, elbows, and knees. Water-based lotion will be more moisturizing. "
- Use cream after lotion to help the skin retain moisture.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin moist, despite being in a refrigerated room. Do not wait until you feel thirsty, because water is easily absorbed by the body. Because it should not forget to drink to maintain skin moisture.
- Place the bowl of water when you are in the air-conditioned room. Because AC draw moisture out of the room, put a bowl of water is a simple way to reduce the effects of dry skin when in the air-conditioned room.
When we diligently caring for and maintaining skin moisture, it will avoid the effects of premature aging.